Built 2013. The GX-1 BLAK Series Classic Grand offers the professional pianist a superb range of tonal expressiveness and a level of elegance and craftsmanship that is unsurpassed for a piano of its size. Slightly smaller than than the traditional "classic" grand, but larger than a baby grand, it adapts well to any smaller home or studio space without sacrificing performance.
The GX-1 classic grand piano is an instrument that always exceeds expectations. Seeing its 5′ 5″ frame, one might assume that it was not designed for for high-performance situations. But the GX-1 should never be underestimated. It was built, first and foremost, to be a “performance instrument.” Fitted with the same high-end enhancements found in all the GX BLAK Performance Series pianos – including the revolutionary Millennium III Grand Action with Carbon Fiber Composites and exclusive NEOTEX™ key surfaces – the GX-1 delivers superb touch and an extraordinary range of tonal expressiveness that rivals any grand piano on the market today. In addition, its flexible size allows it to adapt admirably to a wide range of performance spaces.
- Kawai’s Exclusive Millennium III Action – Featuring ABS-Carbon Technology with Carbon Fiber
- Exclusive NEOTEX™ Key Surfaces – With moisture-absorbing properties for greater touch control
- Konsei Katagi Rim – Utilizing a blend of distinctive hardwoods to achieve an ideal balance of tone
- Vertically Laminated Bridge with Solid Maple Cap – For enhanced energy transfer
- Elegant Appointments – Brass Lid Prop and Cups, Brass Finials on Plate, Beveled Lid Edges, Spade Legs
- Hard Finish Music Desk – To preserve the piano’s beauty
- Stretcher Over-Lap Integrated Design (SOLID) – Double-width Stretcher Bar for optimum strength
- Extended Length Keysticks – For more even response from the front to the back of each key
- Concert-Length Key Buttons – Doubled in length to provide maximum energy transfer and optimum power
- Solid Spruce Precision Tapered Soundboard – Permanently crowned for long-term stability
- Advanced Scale Designs – Created in the Shigeru Kawai Research and Development Laboratory
- Dual-Duplex Scaling – For added tonal richness
- Multi-Grip Pin Block – Laminated with 11 plies
- Solid Brass Agraffes – For even string spacing and easier tuning
- Steel-Reinforced, Multi-Laminated Keybed – For strength and optimum energy transfer
- Steel-Reinforced Keyslip – For strength and stability that avoids sticking keys
- V-Pro Plate – Gray Iron with “Crossbone” Design
- Ultra-slow “Soft Fall” Fallboard Closing System
This piano comes with Northwest Pianos 5 year parts and labor warranty.